We’ve been looking for a while now at a content management system (CMS) that would suit our needs, alas to no avail. Some have come close however there always seems to something that would stop us.
As we couldn’t find one we’ve decided to hand code our site in the same manner that our original site was built.
We have been taking on board html5 snippets for a while now and the html5boilerplate site has proved a good source as has .net magazine.
Given we wanted a good design that was responsive this we found a was a good starting point and so far has proved to be a good grounding.
Issues we’ve found to date surround the monetization of the site in the google Adsense do not do responsive ad units that can be used and we’ve got issues with directing people to other websites that may not have responsive pages.